Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Prestige is prestigious indeed!



I finally got to see Christopher Nolan's "The Prestige" this weekend, and although I suspected I would be treated to a very special film, I had no idea to what extent I would walk away feeling I'd just seen something very special.
Based on the Novel by Christopher Priest, it is a tale of two rival magicians, each doing their utmost to sabbotage the other and win victory as the holder of the greatest secret, the greatest trick!
Two outstanding performances from both Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale, the latter slightly outshining the former in this respect. Appearances also from Michael Caine and Scarlet Johanson pepper the screen with such obvious talent, and with Johanson in yet another period costume, its safe to say that I can barely picture her dressed anything else these days. A truly marvellous piece, expertly sewn together by Nolan's film making wizardry, I thoroughly recommend this. So highly do I regard it, that it will go down as one of my three favoirite films of this year alongside Gilliam's Tideland, and Brick by Rian Johnson.

A Masterpiece. Go see!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

saw this last night finally. yep a great film, but nolan threw in so many clues to the 'big twist' that i got it about 20 mins in unfortunately.

however, there was enough meat in there to keep me going, and still provided a few surprises for me...

scarlet johanson has to be the sexiest star in hollywood atm. Still can't quite believe she fucked benicio del toro in a lift. little tart! :D