Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ledger talks Joker


Heath "Brokeback" Ledger has been divulging some thoughts on how he plans to play the joker to Latino Review. Judging from this picture, he's been practicing the smile too, possibly in order to negate the necessity for extreme make up. Maybe he has particularly soft and reactive skin? We'd have to ask Jake Gyllenhaal I guess.
Sorry, I'll get my coat.

Latino Review's brief encounter with the actor went a little something like this:

"What's next for you?

Ledger: Next thing is playing the Joker next year.

What motivated you to take on the role? Were you familiar or a fan with the character?

Ledger: I guess if I was a fan of a comic book character it would be the Joker. The offer motivated me to take it, the opportunity to play this guy. Somewhere inside I kind of knew instantly what to do with it. I didn't feel like I had to search for it, I feel like I have a plan of attack already and that usually dictates whether I want to do something or not, if I have an understanding of it straight away.

Have you met with Chris or Christian or have you just formulated what you want to do independently?

Ledger: At this point it's solo. Chris Nolan's still busy, or he was, with "The Prestige" and they're still writing the script. They're so guarded, even with me. I don't have a script. I've read it once, at Chris Nolan's house, but he wouldn't let me leave with it. "


I'm hopeful he can pull this out of the bag. The Joker should be as critical to the new Batman franchise as Batman himself. Big shoes to fill Heath... and we're not talking clown shoes either!

No comments: