Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chris Nolan confirms Harvey Dent for Batman sequel


Christopher Nolan spent an evening with an audience at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood recently, to field questions from an excited crew of film press about The Dark Knight Returns (Which is the name of the sequel to Batman Begins in case you hadn't already heard).
When quizzed about the general direction of the film, he first joked about the fact he should be working on it now rather than talking about it, he went on to say -
"I haven't finished the script yet. I'm supposed to be doing it right now," Nolan admitted, sparking laughter from the crowd. "It does, absolutely. It's a pretty direct continuation of where the last film left off, and the last scene of Batman Begins suggests a strong direction we wanted to take the story in. It absolutely carries on with a lot of the thematic concerns and hopefully takes it someplace new."
When we asked if District Attorney Harvey Dent – a.k.a. Batman's future nemesis Two-Face – would indeed be in the film, Nolan replied, "I don't want to go into too many specifics. Yes, he is."
So, no casting attached yet. Hmmm. Any ideas?

He briefly touched on the big screen adaptation of The Prisoner saying -
"The Prisoner is something I've been interested in for quite a long time, and I think I've figured out the take on how we'd approach it," Nolan explained. "The relevance of it today. David and Janet Peoples are terrific, who you know wrote Blade Runner and Twelve Monkeys... all kinds of great movies. They're working on the script right now. I wouldn't want to speak for them. I'm very excited to see what they've come up with."
I was peeved by the prospect and liklihood of ANY director touching this classic series simply ruining it, but I think I'm starting to come round...

WHo is Number 1??

No comments: