Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Am Legend


Virus this and Virus that, post apolcalyptic societies struggling to rebuld themselves, lone heroes wandering through dystopian landscapes... is it me or are we all getting a bit over zealous with this "society crumbling trauma" cinema?
Well, it ain't over yet... I Am Legend is set in post-apocalyptic New York(Snake?
"Legend" is about the last healthy man following the release of a virus that decimates the population. To survive, he must battle mutants that wreak havoc during the night.
Been there, seen it, many many times. They mostly come at night... Mostly. This particular genre of films (which we're fast become overwhelmed with) is much to the same tune as many Graphic novels and books of this ilk, most notably for me - Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan.
I am Legend will star Will Smith (yawn!), and although I don't seem too fussed about this film here, perhaps even rather negative about it, its only because we'll be waiting for this one for over a year with its release date set for 21st of November 2007.
I should think by then we'll all enthuse about these types of movies as little as each other. It sounded better when Johnny Depp was supposedly attached. Toying with us again. Tssk!

1 comment:

Mr Beast said...

I was starting to like the sound of this until you ruined it by mentioning Will Bloody Smith!!! Nevermind, plenty of other 'good' films on the horizon.